RE: Capacitor Help

Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>

Ground is RF ground. The way I install grounds is not in the "book" but
here goes. I have done this several times for RF grounds. Take a 10ft
length of copper tube, sweat a hose fitting on one end. Hook a water
hose to it, get on a ladder with tube and hose in hand, have wife turn
on water as you hold open end to the ground. The waster flow will cut a
hole for the tube to go into. If you don't have rocky soil you can have
a 10ft grounding rod. If rocky go as far as you can and do it again and
have 2 5ft rods. Tie the two rods together and away you go.

Rich , from the middle of Missouri

 > Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>
 >
 > Wow Malcolm , it looks great and to think just a few nights ago you
were
 > asking how to make your primary look better. You are moving along
very
 > fast. I wish I had as much time and energy to spend on my HV stuff.
Do
 > you have time for a regular job? :)

I sure do.  8am to 5pm with an hours commute each way.  All the work you
see
is been done late at night and into the early hours of the morning.  I'm
not
running on much sleep right now ;)  I'm so excited to get finished and
see
how it works.  Thanks for the compliments.

 > If you need some brass balls for your safety gap you can get them at
 > home depot in the lamp parts. I used three , one in the center to
ground
 > and one on each side to the NST.
 >
 > Rich , from the middle of Missouri

One on each side of the NST is in parallel with the spark gap right?  I
don't understand.  If the current is already jumping across the spark
gap
how does jumping across a second gap in parallel with the first gap help
it
out any?  Is it because of the third terminal to ground?  Oh and when
you
say ground do you mean the green wire from the 110 volt A/C mains
supply?

Thanks
Malcolm - KC