Re: Capacitor Help

Original poster: "MalcolmTesla" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2005 12:59 PM

> Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Wow Malcolm , it looks great and to think just a few nights ago you were
> asking how to make your primary look better. You are moving along very
> fast. I wish I had as much time and energy to spend on my HV stuff. Do
> you have time for a regular job? :)

I sure do.  8am to 5pm with an hours commute each way.  All the work you see
is been done late at night and into the early hours of the morning.  I'm not
running on much sleep right now ;)  I'm so excited to get finished and see
how it works.  Thanks for the compliments.

> If you need some brass balls for your safety gap you can get them at
> home depot in the lamp parts. I used three , one in the center to ground
> and one on each side to the NST.
>
> Rich , from the middle of Missouri

One on each side of the NST is in parallel with the spark gap right?  I
don't understand.  If the current is already jumping across the spark gap
how does jumping across a second gap in parallel with the first gap help it
out any?  Is it because of the third terminal to ground?  Oh and when you
say ground do you mean the green wire from the 110 volt A/C mains supply?

Thanks
Malcolm - KC