Re: Tesla Coil Formula

Actually what I meant was that the two windings were
not connected in parallel but in series. I'm pretty
sure someone posted a schematic of what I was talking
about last month? Where Tesla showed a flat spiral,
wherein the ending of one coil is connected to the
beginning of the other. Perhaps this arrangement has
less inductance than a single wire coil? Or Maybe
it has a greater magnetic field for the power input?
That's what I was wondering.

Take care:
         ---- Matt Cortner ----"

The only "advantage" of this configuration is that there will be a lot more distributed capacitance and higher losses. If the coils are connected series aiding the inductance would be four times that of a single coil (L ~ N^2). One of his stranger patents.

Ed