Re: An SCR by any Name....Re: 48kW DRSSTC: international names

"I agree that the GE SCR Manual would be -the- source. (They did invent
the thing after all). Mine's stashed somewhere else at the moment so
I'll look forward to seeing if someone can dig up the (other) official
version.

Leigh "

   The cover of my GE "SCR Manual, 4th Edition" (1967) has at the top:

   "SILICON CONTROLED RECTIFIER MANUAL,
     INCLUDING THE TRIAND AND THE INDUSTRY'S BROADEST LINE OF
     THYRISTOR  AND RECTIFIER COMPONENTS"

and on page v:

"A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE SCR

The SCR is senior and most influential member of the thyristor family of semiconductor components. Younger memberw of the thristor family share the latching (regenerative) characteristics of the SCR. They include the triac, bidirectional diode switch, the silicon controlled switch (SCS), .................."

Ed