Re: 48kW DRSSTC: international names

Hi,

Wikipedia (not that Wikipedia is an authority on such matters) defines it
thus:
"Some resources define silicon controlled rectifiers and thyristors as
synonymous, while others define SCRs as a subset of thyristor".

I had always thought that SCR was the generic term and thyristors, gate turn
off and triacs etc where subsets (even diacs).

We probably should assume its an open question.

Robert (R. A.) Jones
A1 Accounting, Inc., Fl"

My 1974 "RCA Solid State Data Book" SSD-206B is entitled "Thrystors, Rectifiers, and Diacs" and lumps SCR's, triac's, and the like together. Since they're not rectifiers or diacs obviously 31 years ago RCA considered SCR's as thyristors.

Ed