Bad NST

Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>

OK, I give up I have a bad Jefferson 15kv60ma NST. One secondary is bad, the other is questionable. My question is, I still have a good chunk of iron and a solid 10ga primary, and can I remove the secondarys and use the primary as part of ballast for a standard transformer. I know the standard way is to short the secondarys to use a transformer but wont it still give me some inductance? I have a coil I am building that will require 240v 9amp and was thinking about a inductive / restive ballast.

Rich