Re: Recent s.s.t.c. work

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: "K. C. Herrick" <kchdlh@xxxxxxx>

> Dmitry (& all)-

> Those are fascinating images!  But I don't think I can agree that
> adding the LDPE necessarily makes things worse: is not the voltage
> present on the primary relatively small--perhaps just a few thousand
> due to resonance?

you have to agree :-D
the voltage that present on the primary in all my charts is equal to
zero, coz the maximum potential difference between pri & sec is
achieved only at the full energy transgfer moment - at this time Vpri=0.
but there`s no difference if the 100kv is on the primary or on the
secondary, coz field strength depends from the voltage beetween the
conductors and their ROCs, so it is the primary that has serious
problems - not the secondary.

>   That should not introduce so much electrical
> stress in the LDPE as to cause problems.  And it does appear that the
> secondary is still "pristine", as to electrical stress areas.

electrical stress is not in the LDPE, but in surrounding air, coz "e"
of the LDPE is greater than "e"  of the air, so field strength in the
air is greater than in LDPE.

> Try interposing a slightly-electrically-conductive sheet between
> primary and secondary.

unfortunatelly the proggy has no such things as
"slightly-electrically-conductive" iiuc :-)

> Yes, inside I'm not so old.  But still, the gradual aging of the
> outside becomes a bit of a nuisance.  Perhaps you know the feeling.

yep, i think that all of us know that to a greater or lesser extent %-)

> Here's wishing you fair weather, in Novosibirsk.

thanx, today it`s really warmer here - not only in centigrade ;-)

-----
Happy coiling, unlimited electricity, basic food and requisite sleep.
21-06-1996 (c) Robert W. Stephens