Re: 48kW DRSSTC

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

This was directed at Conner, but my coils have survived several
primary strikes as well.  I think a good part of it is simply the
bridge layout with good decoupling as well as solid feedback signals.
Ive even had a racing spark short out some primary turns, left some
discoloration of my copper primary, but the IGBTs didnt seem to care.

But, i still dont fully understand what causes the failure from a
strike, when we figure that out and a solution to the problem, then
DRSSTCs will run care free ;-).

Steve Ward