Re: Passive Ballasting for DRSSTC - My thoughts before Ed Wingates Teslathon

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

Dan,

The arc current was just completely a subjective judgement. I think if i had a bigger toroid on my coil (perhaps the size of Eds toroid, or maybe larger) i could get about the same brightness. In either case we both had very bright arcs, but i will agree that Ed's ground arcs were more visually stunning! I think my max spark length was only 10 feet. I didnt bother tuning the coil, but was getting often constant arcs to the door railing above the coil, so i didnt push for much more spark length. Perhaps next year i will have those 12 footers...

Steve