Re: Kill-A-Watt vs. analog wattmeter

Hi,

It looks very much like the US version of the Kill-a-watt:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/Kill-A-Watt/Kill-A-Watt.html

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/Kill-A-Watt/P3120005a.jpg
http://hot-streamer.com/temp/Kill-A-Watt/P3120006a.jpg

The UK version's specs are here:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Media/PDFs/L61AQ.pdf

This would probably be easy to use here in the US for 240VAC with some creative connector conversions. The internal connections are just simple solder types.

Keep them away from the arcs and high fields of the coil. I keep mine at the wall socket back away from the immediate coil area. They are electronically calibrated (flash RAM) and that calibration can be messed up. Here are notes on fixing the US version:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/Kill-A-Watt/Kill-A-Watt%20calibration.txt

Cheers,

        Terry