3600watts 6in Tc first light

Original poster: "tmoore" <tmoorezz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Well its been a good long while since I posted anything on the list, in part cause kinda lost interest in TCs, but not any more, now that I have seen my 6in tc kickin out around 6 foot streamers at 3600watts it is simply amazing! I have posted some pictures at http://www.hot-streamer.com/nolan/Sixintc/ of first light and the other components.

I depoted a 15/60 France and left a few shunts in so it produces 15kv at 0.185ma 2700wats,and 2 15/30's total power is 3600watts. i used 400uf to 500uf powerfactor correction caps.

the srsg is a modified 1/2hp GE motor 3600rpm to be synchronous at 480bps with 2 stationary electrodes and 8 on the disk there just 1/4in tick threaded rods and don't show hardly and ware. I wana remove four of the rotating rods bring it to 240bps butt ill have to run it outside instead of my basement.

my secondary is 6.625inod by 32in winding  length with 21awg for 1000 turns.

My cap is two 35kv 30nf Maxwell's for 60nf total.

the toriod is 18.5in diameter and 6.25in high, I was going to use my25in by 6.25in but there would be no room. the ceiling and vent ducting are 48in away and the crutches are 62in away, I get some power arcs to them. most all pictures were 1 seconded exposes with an iso of 200, the color speckled ones are 2 seconds with an iso of 400. Note the florescent light in the background are never turned on while taking a picture the tc is energizing them. now that I have some new stuff to post on my website I will up date some time soon.

o ye I almost for got I have some pics of my 4in coil running and ill be posting thos too at http://www.hot-streamer.com/nolan/fourintc/ , note I was getting a few ground strikes I haven't which is 40 inches to the ground and I had a strike to the bigger 25in by 6.25in toroid which is exactly 5feet away not to shabby for a 22in long secondary.

peace
Nolan Moore