Re: RE: Contactor Question - Order In Circuit

Original poster: DRIEBEN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Cameron,

Yes, you bring out the original reason that I introduced
this thread. As you stated, the contactor allows me the
option to give the system a "kick" to break down the multiple
SG system as on occasion, the gradual voltage increase
through the main variac wouldn't break down the SG. As
you stated, I can bring the RSG motor up to speed and the
input voltage to the pig up to operational range, then
"hit it" ;^) Works every time. In my case, the contactor
was added as an afterthought because of the aforementioned
reason and is after the variac. Also, the reason that I
had to go with a RQ type stationary gap in series with the
main ARSG is that the ARSG electrode components were get-
ting too HOT when ran alone. The addition of the forced air
cooled RQ type copper pipe segment 3 gaps in series with the
ARSG really helped to dissapate excessive heat build up.

David Rieben