Re: DRSSTC RF Ground

At 03:47 PM 8/8/2005, you wrote:
Original poster: "marc" <xp88@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks Robert H! I'm going to take your (and Terry's) advice. Home depot
sells a nice copper grounding rod 8' long... enough for two! (about
$13.00). Bring a hack-saw if you want to fit it in a small car. I'm going
to connect it with #4-0, 2000 strand flexi welding cable.

Thanks much, Marc

Except that if you saw that 8' rod in half you've more than halved your grounding capability.

Figure you've got a foot before the rod actually hits the dirt (clamp, slab thickness, underlayment, etc.), so now you'd only have 3 feet into the ground. Better than nothing, but still pretty poor.

On the other hand, at least you could put them pretty close together. You generally want to space rods by twice their (buried) length.