Re: 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps

Hi Dmitry,

At 04:43 AM 8/9/2005, you wrote:
> Original poster: Terry Fritz <vardin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> The Freau formula's "1.7" factor is for NSTs.  NSTs are very power
> limited and predictable so the formula works over a wide variety of
> systems.

oh yeah - really? why do you have so bad memory, Terry? As John wrote
recently _personally_ for you, NST has nothing common with it, but you are
still
repeating the same :-\

http://www.pupman.com/listarchives/2005/Jul/msg00440.html

Yes, and he clarified it "again" tonight....

I will have to try extra hard to remember it correctly THIS time %:o)))

But I was just trying to point out that a 5kVA transformer can be run at much higher power so the transformer rating alone does not mean much.

Cheers,

        Terry