Re: Teslas Ball Lightning

Hi Malcolm,

I didn't post (but read the postings).

My ball was approx. 1" in diameter. Self induced (not TC related). Never viewed one with any of my coils.

Following an age 12 ignorant act (of which I am embarrassed to re-release):
The ball floated horizontal across the room (wall to wall). I do not remember an internal structure. The outer edge was defined but sort of sizzling at the surface - hard to explain. It was white and lasted maybe 4 seconds. It was not bright but maybe similar to a 40W bulb. I don't remember a color change. It floated about 4 feet off the ground and dissipated when it hit the adjacent wall. When it hit, it simply vanished, no great explosion or anything like that. What was interesting was that it remained at the same horizontal level as it floated across the room and at a constant speed from my perspective.

Yes, I know BL exist. It doesn't take lightning necessarily to create it. I reason it as a super heated "something". I have never tried to create it on purpose. I know it exist (and I "know" it was not an optical phenomenon due to a bright flash in my eyes as I've heard others refer to). For example, remember the drive home from work today? Then say to yourself, "did I only imagine it"? When you know, you know. If you believe (you don't really know). Therefore, I don't believe anything. I either know or I don't.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <mailto:m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx><m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,
        I have several further questions for those who were kind
enough to post their eyewitness accounts of BL encounter to the list
(and indeed those who didn't/haven't - all comers welcome). Did the
ball that you saw appear to have any internal structure or did it
just appear to be an amorphous blob? Did it have a sharply-defined
boundary or a hazy one (like earth's atmosphere as viewed from space)?
Did the ball change colour with time and if so, what colours were
exhibited and when?

Thanks again,
Malcolm