Re: B vs H/ Transformer analogies of Poynting Vector.

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Harvey,
           I wouldn't want any leakage flux to be present in any
transformer I designed unless it was an integral part of a resonant
supply. Having some present in any transformer is of course
unavoidable.

Malcolm

On 22 Apr 2005, at 2:44, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: Harvey Norris <harvich@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~aupec/aupec00/edwards00.pdf
>
> Thought the eggheads would like this one. Sorry my
> physics is fuzzy, and I shouldnt care but do...
> However the debate goes on, these authors state;
> "leakage flux is a essential aspect of the ideal
> transformer".

I can't imagine why these people consider it as being "essential".
Who are they?