Re: Who all has built OLTCs?

Hi Paul,

Try ~10kHz and 13+ inch sparks out of a GM HEI coil ;-)))

http://www.powerlabs.org/gmheicslr.htm

Cheers,

        Terry

At 11:16 AM 4/21/2005, you wrote:
Jerry,
I have been fooling around with ignition coils and flybacks quite a bit recently. First, the ignition coil is going to want to run at a much lower frequency than the flyback transformer. If I remember correctly, the flyback will resonate at around 20 kHz and the ignition coil will run the best under maybe 3 kHz, at most. So, if you want to run both from the same 555 circuit, you will have to set it up with switchable cap values and/or resistance.
If I'm wrong, I'm quite sure I'll get corrected. {:-)
Regards.
Paul
Think Positive