Re: Source for new synchronous 1800 rpm motor?

Original poster: Esondrmn@xxxxxxx

Tom,

I use that same exact motor on the SRSG for my small coil. You can see some detailed pictures of the motor and gap at my web site:
<http://members.aol.com/esondrm>http://members.aol.com/esondrm

It works great.

Ed Sonderman
Original poster: "Coyle, Thomas M." <tcoyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello - I've been a lurker on the list for quite a while and am
beginning to dive in.

I'd like to build an SRSG for my NST-based coil, have read through the
archives, and have been unable to locate a source for a pre-made 1800rpm
synchronous motor. I picked up the Dayton 2M145 for an ARSG, but would
like to start with an SRSG. I've read all the tales about grinding down
the rotor on a nonsynchronous motor, but I'm not willing to take a
grinder to one, and don't have easy access to a machine shop (read: I'd
rather buy the gear than pay someone to mill it for me, but my garages
are currently full of all of the other equipment I've recently bought
for various projects - buying a big lathe would stretch my bounds with
the wife). I'd much rather pay for a new one that I know will work. I've
seen chats about some Oriental-brand motors, but am unable to find a
current model that fits (they all seem to be geared down to slow RPMs,
or don't have enough HP to make me happy (the Oriental 5SK25A-AULA fits
the bill except that it's 1/30HP which doesn't leave me much of a
comfort zone)).

Do you know of any sources for synchronous motors with a reasonable HP
rating? Single phase 115VAC 60hz, at least 1/15hp would be nice.

Money is no object.

Thanks!

Tom