Re: First Trial of my TC

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Medina, Benjamin (UMR-Student)" <bamxbb@xxxxxxx>
Hello folks. Well, I finished the wiring of my TC today and started the
tuning phase.
I am thinking about having the capacitors in a straight line to have a
larger voltage differential (like shown below):
  1     2      3     4     5     6     ....    14       15

Congratulations! It's a good idea to mount the capacitors in straight line. Add resitors in parallel with them (10 M or more, long enough to sustain the voltage (I use 4 10 M resistors in series)), or some capacitors may remain charged for long time after you turn the power off, and even accumulate too high voltages during operation, due to corona rectification effects.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz