[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
first coil results!
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: first coil results!
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 17:11:02 -0600
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Old-return-path: <email@example.com>
- Resent-date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 17:21:23 -0600 (MDT)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <XBIMKB.A.UCC.aFxVCB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: Devon Ferns <dferns@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
I've gotten my tesla coil working and demonstrated it at our first year
engineering design showcase. Everyone was impressed with it.
The thing about the coil I don't get it seems that I can tap the primary
almost anywhere. I have a small secondary, only about 8 inches tall, 1.6
inches in diameter, 600 turns. The coil works great but I find it strange
that it works so easily no matter where I tap it. The sparks output are
also not really any different at any tapping point.
Maybe my 9kV NST is just so powerful it works just by normal transformer
rules and it's not really resonating?
I have a video of it but no where to host it except my home DSL line, which
I doubt anyone would want to download from.
I want to thank Terry for the free capacitors and everyone else that
answered my questions.