RE: DRSSTC thoughts...

Original poster: "McCauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

 >Dan - I see you used the model for streamer loading of 220K +
 >1pF/foot for
 >a streamer load in your SPICE models.  I was just wondering
 >how well that
 >worked for you?  There is some concern that model is just "too
 >simple" for
 >some things, so I was curious if it worked well in this case?

It appeared to work well enough to the point where my PSPICE simulated
waveforms matched
those of my experimental waveforms (primary side)  However, i wasn't
able to measure secondary
voltage directly, so i'm not sure how they matched on the secondary
side.

 >I also note from Dan's book that he has "almost" as many
 >"toys" as "I" do!!
 >:o))

 >However, Dan's data shows the primary current
 >can almost
 >double during a ground strike!!  That is a critical bit of
 >info!!  Do the
 >models show that behavior too?

Not sure.  I never really got to simulating ground strikes.  Maybe Steve
C. can comment
on the models he's been using.

Dan