Re: DRSSTC thoughts...

Original poster: "John" <fireba8104-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Well said.
Cheers,
John

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter"

HUGE CHOP!!!!

 > I too must think
 > that the days of the
 > spark gap coil are numbered. Not because there
 > "are" good SSTCs out there,
 > but because the will soon simply be the "best"
 > TCs... Even "big" systems
 > are coming to speed fast!! The record for a point
 > to point arc is 59 feet...

I'm not picking on this particular comment. I've seen
numerous similar comments about the end of the spark
gap Tesla coil from a number of posters over the past
few months. So the SSTC is going to do away with the
old spark gap coils? You mean the way auto racing did
away with horse racing? The way the cell phone did
away with amateur radio? The way the gun did away with
archery? The latest SSTC work is really
amazing--nothing short of pioneering. But get a grip!

Nuff Said,

=====
Gregory R. Hunter

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg