Re: Diode strings - equalizing resistors

Original poster: biomed-at-miseri.winnipeg.mb.ca

Well I did this with a batch of 1N5408 diodes, 1000PIV 3 amp rating about 8
years ago.  I used 4 diodes in each leg of a full wave bridge with
equalizing resistors to use on 3kv (I should have used more diodes for
surges and variations).  The resistors were required because the reverse
leakage was different on each diode.  I used the nS (nano siemens) range to
measure the reverse resistance of each diode and grouped the close ones to
use on each leg of the FW bridge.  In a full wave bridge each diode sees
Vpeak of the transformer.

Shaun Epp