Re: Coil Doesn't Fire

Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Jim: Just looking at your data I see several problems.        1) your
transformer is 15000 Vrms that is (1.414 x 15000=) about 22000 Vpk, and your
capacitors are (1500 x 8=) or 12000 V . That is way to low a voltage.     2)
your capacitance Total is ( o.0043 x 12 / 8=) o.00645 uf which is to low.
3) your primary is only 14 turns. With a low capacitance your primary
resonant frequency is probibly way to high and you are not reaching a tuning
point. Add about 14 more turns of bare house wire to your primary coil for
testing then if you reach a resonant point you can splice the primary to the
correct number of turns.
        Hope this helps
               Robert   H