Re: Teslathlon question

Original poster: "David Speck" <dave-at-davidspeckmd-dot-org>

The globes were probably subcontracted by the maker of the Star Sculptures,
Bill Parker.  There were being sold by American Science and surplus
(SCIPlus-dot-com) for $39.95 each, only catch was that most of them were open
to air.  It turned out that a significant fraction of them still had gas
fills, of which three examples were shown at the Teslathon.

When I posted a note that these were available a year and a half ago, I was
flamed by someone commenting about selling 'dead light bulbs'.  I bought
three, and received one working and two open ones.  I should have bought a
couple of dozen.  Even if I had found two or three good ones, it would have
more than paid for the dead ones.

It's my understanding that Parker found out about them and ordered all of
the remaining stock destroyed.

Dave