From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 7:09 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: First Spark

Yes, there is a correct height.  It depends on the dia. of your sec
coil.
Please advise on your sec coil dia and then I can advise you as to best
height.

Set the toroid at 1.5 x toroid minor dia.  This is the height as
measured
from the last turn to the bottom of the toroid.  A piece of PVC
waterpipe
makes a good spacer.

Dr. Resonance