Re: Salt substitute

Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Eric: Yes the MIG wire rods. They are relativly inexpensive. I was using 1/4
in thick 10x12 in  # 302 stainless plates and they disolved like sponge
structure in 2 weeks  of 24 hr use so I went to titanium and had no further
problem.  I have had titanium in use for 5 years with no sign of carosion in
saturated salt solution with an ORP of 120 mv. using fiber glass cells and
LDPE cells  . The polyethylene cells hold up the best. Yes I realize that
the average TC buff would not subject thier salt water cap to this abuse ,
but carrosion is carrosion and I find titanium to be very cost effective in
the long run.
    Robert   H