Re: EBAY auctions and automated SNIPING programs

Original poster: "Scott Hanson" <huil888-at-surfside-dot-net>

At one time, eBay absolutely had a prohibition against the use of
"automated" bidding programs or applications that facilitated "sniping".

This was detailed in a rather long-winded page under "bidding rules", and
the last time I can remember seeing this was at least 1 to 1-1/2 years ago.
I cannot find ANY mention of automated bidding programs in eBay's current
Rules and Regulations.

I remember seeing this because I was specifically researching the use of
sniping programs on eBay. I had "lost"an auction for some piece of HV
equipment to a bid that was placed in the last three seconds of the auction.
When I reviewed the winning bidder's  feedback history, I saw that EVERY
auction he won was won with a bid placed in the last 2-3 seconds. In my
opinion, even with the best possible clock synchronization and stopwatch
technique, it is impossible to "manually" place EVERY bid with this level of
precision.

  Scott Hanson