Re: EBAY auctions and SNIPING - tesla coil parts

Original poster: "Gary Weaver" <gary350-at-earthlink-dot-net>

I am also an ebay buyer.  I have a bid on 5918424269.  I placed a low bid a
few days ago just so the item would show up in my bidding list.   I had a
chance to check the price of a new item which is $87.00 + sale tax at the
local hobby shop.  A few minutes ago I placed a higher bid.  This items is
some what of a collectors item and collectors tend to over bid its true
value.  I am not a collector and would not pay a dime more than I could buy
the new version of this item for at the hobby store.   I don't think I will
be home tonight when the auction ends so I gave it a high bid.   There is
another one of these exact same items going to sell in 2 days so if I miss
out on this one there will be another one.  If I miss the next one there
will be more.  I have bid on about 10 of these in the past 2 months but did
not bid high enough to win.  This is one of those items I would like to
have a extra one but don't really need it.  Ebay is sorta like gambeling,
sooner or later I will win one of these at the price I have lost at 10
times before.  If I win the bid I will bid on the other one too, and any
more I happen to see in the future.

I was checking out my TC stuff last night and am trying to decide what to
sell first.  Wow, it is a pain in the ass to package things in boxes to
sell.   I have been dragging my feet on this.   I have several secondary
coils 6" dia and 10" dia.  Several primary coils.  Unpotted neons in HV
oil.  Lots of other neons.   Several variacs from 500 W to about 2500 W.
High Voltage Capacitors.  PVC pipe for making secondary coils any size you
like up to 15" diameter.  Copper spheres.   Several 1000W wire wound
resistors.   Probably lots of other items I will find later when I get to
digging deeper into the stuff.   If anyone has a paticular interest in
something let me know.   If anyone lives close enough to drive to my house
and pick it up I will make you a excellent deal just so I don't have to
take pictures, list it on ebay, put it in a box, take it to the post office.

Gary Weaver

that