Re: Fear Factor

Original poster: "Shad Henderson" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

That rocked :)   Even with a faraday suit, you'd still get plenty juiced
up, especially your feet.  I missed the very beginning of the show, and
I'd give anything to see the looks on those poor saps faces when they
watch those streamers and hear the noise, and think, "I got to stand
waay too close to that thing?!!"

The coil looked very professional and well designed.  I'm curious what
needed to be done to make it run reliably upside down, though.  What
keeps the streamers from simply licking upwards along the secondary?
Streamers rise because of heat.  I'd expect them just to bend upwards
and strike the base.  Is it required to run a breakout on the coil to
prevent that from happening?

I'm impressed with the quality of that coil, though.  I'm sure they
would have cut out any takes where the coil developed problems, but in
the runs they did show, it ran splendidly.  Never a break or
interruption, just good smooth running.

I would guess that it's either a low-speed ARSG or a SRSG. It *sounded*
like 120bps when I was listening to it.  Could it be that we have a
rather large LTR pig powered coil?  Or was the sound dubbed over?

Good job!

Shad