No frequency Splitting with a parallel primary

Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Hi all,

I thought I would check out the properties of a parallel tuned circuit in
the primary.

 From one point of view I know splitting can not occur in the same way as
in the series case but on the other hand it is two L's and two C's

I checked it both numerically and analytically and just one pole in the TF.
(zero impedance generator)

So with a parallel primary configuration you may not get the cyclic total
(lumped assumption) energy transfer to the secondary that you can get with
the series case.

I will also check the case when the generator is a current source.

Presumably soft switching is impossible.

Bob