Re: drsstc

Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

 > Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>
 >
 > Just how large is that 100 ufd  1.5 Kv capacitor ? My o.5 ufd 30 Kv
 > capacitors are 3 cu ft in size.
 > --   Robert    H

The size of caps is approximatly proportional to their energy capacity for
the same type of cap.

So as a comparision, your cap is 225J the other cap is 112.5J.
So it would be appoxematly half the size of yours.
That assumes yours is a rated at 30kVpk AC -at- 5kHz.

Actually I think your cap is large for its rating. Is it a high rep pulse
cap?
I have a 1.5cu ft 27uf 5kV ie 337J but its low rep low peak current.

Bob