Re: NST/cap sizes - was RE: Coil Woes

Just stating that the correct potential used for calculation is the sparkgap
firing potential not the xmfr peak output potential.  For example, if you
had a 20 kV xmfr and it is used with a sparkgap with a setting for only 14
kV, then only a 14 kV value is valid for the calculation.

Someone mentioned inductive kick.  This would apply only if the inductive
mechanism is past the sparkgap, and not before the sparkgap.

Dr. Resonance