Re: NST/cap sizes - was RE: Coil Woes

No --- this is not correct.  No matter how much available potential your
xmfr has, the firing potential is determined by the sparkgap setting not the
xmfrs peak potential.  Ask Terry to post my sparkgap chart and you will see
it's usually around 16-18 kV for typical NST settings (200-260 mils).

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/SGapVolt.jpg

We usually apply a HV power supply and see where the gap starts firing ---
using our 50 kV DC probe to monitor and rectified HV from the NST.  Use this
value and not the calculated peak value of the NST.

Dr. Resonance