RE: GeoTC and Spice netlists

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >Oh, is it not just a case of putting in
 > spice < test1.cir
 >I guess it's not so straightforward with the windows
 >versions.  Do they use a proprietary syntax for their
 >netlist files?

No, the syntax is the same AFAIK. I have seen .cir files floating around
when using Orcad Pspice. But the Windows versions have a graphical schematic
capture front-end on them. You draw your circuit and when you click the
"Analyse" button, it generates the netlist from your schematic and then runs
the actual Spice simulator.

I don't know how to get it to merge an external netlist with its own
self-generated one, or how to tell it the connections between the two
netlists. I'll play with it and see what I can do.

Steve C.