QTC Question

Original poster: "Carl Litton" <Carl_Litton-at-hilton-dot-com>

To anyone who has used the QTC calculation sheet for coil design:

We are working through primary design parameters and some confusion has
arisen.  The spreadsheet has one calculate the L*C of the secondary to
determine its resonant Freq.

Then it goes to a capacitor calculation for impedance matching with the
PSU - which we understand to be the desired capacitor for the primary
tank circuit.

Then one would think next the L*C of the primary is done so that the
resonant frequency of the primary equals the loaded frequency of the
secondary.

However, it begins asking for the 'capacitance chosen.'  What could that
mean?  This is a derived figure not a chosen one, as it would depend on
the primary design, which has not yet been determined.

If you know what we're missing here, please explain.

Thank you,-

Carl Litton
Hilton Hotels Corporation
901-374-5747