RE: some new ideas for the SSTC guys

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >I removed
 >the sec coil and placed it on a stand 10 feet away.  I used a 7 inch corona
 >ball on the bottom to prevent any corona and used a single tap which I
 >attached to the "normal" primary coil.  With some re-tuning it was again
 >spraying out 8 ft sparks.

So you mean a kind of cross between an Oudin coil and a magnifier? I don't
see any theoretical problem with it, but in practice, the problem is that
the secondary coil is now connected straight to the primary, which means
that the output arcs now pack a punch of 600V DC at several amps.

Richie Burnett invented a slightly different variation on this, that
base-feeds the secondary through an L-match network. In this hook-up, the
tank cap connects from the base of the secondary to one end of the inverter,
and the other end of the inverter connects to the secondary base through a
matching inductor.

Steve C.