Re: Secondary winding direction

Original poster: "Sue Gaeta" <sgsparky@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Cool! that makes things a lot easier!
If you already have a signal/function generator, you don't even need to build the 555 circuit I mentioned. Just make yourself a probe with the two opposing LEDs in paralell in series with say, a 1K resistor. Short the other lead of the generator to this and slowly bring up the level of the signal till you get both leds to light. If you can't vary the output of the generator, then start with a 10K series limiting resistor and then try lower values 'till the LEDs light up.
This way you can be done in a few minutes!

Sue

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: JBarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I guess I am just looking to tune my coil.

Jim