DRSSTC-pics

Original poster: "Liviu Vasiliu" <teslina@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi list.
I finished the construction of a new DRSSTC system
these days. The setup works with some small IGBTs BUP
307 type, in a half bridge, at 220 vac full rectifyed
(until I will have some well known 40N60s). It is
runing well, with no failures for low ON times and PRF
under 100 pps (no much warming on IGBTs if an
appropriate heatsink is used).
Results: 20-21 inches arcs to ground and nice
streamers.

Details are here:
http://www.geocities.com/l_vasiliu/drsstc.html

So, european coilers mates, a drsstc can work even
with some small IGBTs with a proper low duty cycle.
For some of us 40N60s are hard to find.

Enjoy

teslina