Re: About the skin effect in humans

Original poster: Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 5/21/04 10:32:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
Original poster: "mercurus2000" <mercurus2000-at-cox-dot-net>

I was just curious, I hear the skin effect in human beings still very deep
at standard Tesla coil frequencies, does anyone here have references or
sources as to where the information is gathered about how deep currents
penetrate into the human bodies at different frequencies?
Thanks,
Adam

Hi Adam,
     I do not have specific references handy, but please consider this: The
so-called "skin effect" is usually measured for homogenous, nonreactive
substances. The human body is not a homogenous substance like a copper or
aluminum wire or a bar of brass, but is made up of hundreds of different
structures and tissue types. As such, the "skin effect" does not just apply
to human skin (dermis) but one must also consider the effects on, and
response of, each type of tissue.(Leg bones may respond very differently to
HF voltages than eyeballs.)  HF skin effect on a fluid (blood) may be very
different from the effects on a solid, and nerve tissue (neurons) have
surfaces covered with reactive electrical dipoles, which may respond very
differently than a passive piece of brass. Even measurements made on a
cadaver may not tell the whole story of effects on a living organism. I
believe (but I may be wrong) that most of the current data is from
laboratory animal tests and "accidental" subjects. Extrapolating from mouse
to man is always a little iffy, and long-term effects are hard to measure
quickly (DUH) ;^)))) While a bikini-clad  "tomato" on a TC might be fun to
watch, if by age 60 she's a neurological "kumquat", few people will take
notice.
     Tesla's own work on this and even x-ray exposure, involved only
himself as subject. (not recommended!) Most notes on "work" done by Drs.
Mengele et.al. were either destroyed or classified for government use by
OSS/CIA.

Try to stay safe,
Matt D.