Re: Hmmmm...(was CDE 942c20p15k Group buy)

Original poster: Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 5/19/04 11:20:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
 > Original poster: Kreso Bukvic <kreso.bukvic-at-kc.htnet.hr>
 > Nothing big, just standard small, medium, big coils. As i stated
 > "recomended" caps for CD ( by the chart ) is b*****it. They will maybe,
just
 > maybe last a minute or two. If i would build a MMC for a 10 kV NST i would
 > put attleast 25 caps in series. Not 7 like GG recomended.
 > 7 caps. 3.5 kV ac on 14 kv PEAK AC. ISH.
 > Best Regards
 > Kreso Bukvic

Hi Kreso,
     Do you have any evidence to support your claims that the Geek Group
MMC recommendations do not work? There is much experimental evidence to
indicate that they DO perform as stated, in the form of dozens of working
coils using configurations from those charts. Most serious coilers prefer
physical evidence to opinion, and the more those opinions are at variance
with generally tested and accepted theory, the more compelling evidence to
the contrary is required. Those who are long on acrimonious verbiage and
short on physical evidence tend to lose credibility, and credibility, once
lost, is hard to regain.  I very much doubt that YOU would wish to acquire
a reputation for "broadly bombastic Bodenisms". ;^)) So, what have to got
to show us in the way of verifiable experimental results?

Matt D.