Re: Inverse conical primary

Original poster: Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

Can somebody shed some light on this.  I do not want to go forward and
mount my primary wire if I need a lesser slope.  What is a good angle and
what determines this factor????

Any help or suggestions would be great.

--Levi......Keep throwing electricity!

Hi Levi,
     Most people use a flat spiral or 30 deg at most. High angles can lead
to overcoupling (racing sparks) and tends to raise the outer edge of the
primary within striking distance of the topload :^((
     Some people have succeeded with exotic configurations of coils, but
for your first coil I would strongly recommend simple and reliable.

Matt D.