Epoxy coatings for secondary

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

Terry, this is the second posting...first time didn't make it.

At 08:18 AM 03/05/04 -0600, you wrote:

 >Original poster: "Stephen Mathieson" <s.mathieson-at-charter-dot-net>
 >
 >Does anyone have any recommendations as to a good clear glossy two part
 >epoxy coating suitable for use on a secondary coil?
 >
 >Stephen A. Mathieson

Hello Stephen,

I've successfully used West System 105 epoxy and 206 hardener on three
of my secondaries.  Very rugged, hardens to a nice shine, and it has a
very good insulating property.  Curing time varies with temperature,
humidity, and thickness of application, but generally it takes less
than an hour to become run proof.  I leave the form and coil in my
winder and let it spin until the coating has set up.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Details of my "Hyperbaric Gap" and Tesla coil are at:
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle