Re: don't know what i did wrong

Original poster: Gregory Hunter <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

If you fire the spark gap with only the transformer,
you should get an orange/yellow flaming arc that
buzzes at 60Hz. If you add the capacitor in parallel
with the transformer, the gap discharge will get
bright, loud, and snappy, like firecrackers going off.
Now put a sharp point on your toroid--like a thumbtack
or a sewing needle. Run the coil in a dim room and
look for corona discharge on the sharp point. Move the
primary tap one turn in any direction. Does the corona
discharge get bigger or smaller? Continue adjusting in
this manner until the corona discharge reaches
maximum. If you find the greatest corona brush when
the very end of the last turn is tapped, you need more
primary turns!

Cheers,

 > Original poster: Jimbo07031982-at-aol-dot-com
 >
 >     Okay I just got done wiring my coil together and
 > I am not getting any
 > spark's
 > "jimbo" Higdon

=====