Corrected di-el strength of gas

Original poster: "john cooper" <tesla-at-tesla-coil-dot-com>

I posted an error for the di-electric strength of air in a previous
response, the 0.4-0.7 for air was kV/mm.  Here's a new partial listing for
some gasses (FWIW gases and gasses are both proper)

Air, 0.97
Argon, 0.18
Carbon Dioxide, 0.82 - 0.88
Carbon Monoxide, 1.02 - 1.05
Chlorine, 1.55
Helium, 0.15
*Hexafluoroethane, 1.82 - 2.55
Hydrogen, 0.50
Methane, 1.00 - 1.13
Nitrogen, 1.00
Neon, 0.16 - 0.25
Nitrous Oxide, 1.24
*Octafluoropropane, 2.19 - 2.47
*Sulfur Hexafluoride, 2.50 - 2.63
Tetrachloromethane, 6.21 - 6.33

*used in industry and research as di-electrics

The di-el strength of a gas is measured as a comparison to Nitrogen - 1.0
It was surprising for me to realize that air, which doesn't provide much
quenching, is rated at 0.97; while Nitrogen, which quenches quite well, is
rated at 1.00  Not much of a difference in rating for a huge difference in
quenching ability.
Neon & Helium could be an interesting alternatives to Argon for inducing
long streamer length although neon is more expensive than helium.  Someone
asked about CO2, they'd be better off with compressed air.