Re: Nitrogen VS Compressed air quenching

Original poster: Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com

On 2/05/2004 at 4:42 PM Tesla list wrote:

 >Original poster: "john cooper"
<mailto:tesla-at-tesla-coil-dot-com>tesla-at-tesla-coil-dot-com
 >I've added photos of my prototype nitrogen manifold to my website, here's
 >the link:
 >
 >http://www.tesla-coil-dot-com/bipolar.htm
 >
 >They're at the bottom of that page.  There's a photo of it installed in the
 >original cabinet and two close-ups of the manifold that I just took
 >today.  For quenching ability the nitrogen is extremely effective while
 >compressed air is barely noticeable, apples and oranges.  FWIW a 42 cubic
 >foot bottle costs about 14.00 to fill and lasts for two 8 to 10 minute
 >runs, the bottle and regulator were around 400.00

Hi John,
     Very interesting, if I only had the $$ to do the initial set-up with.
Has anyone tried a DeLaval-type nozzle on a blown/compressed-air gap for
Mach++ airflow velocities? Shock wave (sonic boom) quenching? ;-)))

Matt D.