Re: Determine initial LTR cap size. was Best cap size for a sync gap

Original poster: Daniel Hess <dhess1-at-us.ibm-dot-com>

John; Good point. I have a 15K 120 ma NST which gives much better
performance than a pair of 15K 60 ma in parallel, although the power is the
same.

One reason I asked for the formula or math we use to determine LTR values
is because the Geek Group tables only lists the popular sizes of NST's. I
have some which fall outside the range of the Geek table. Also, It's not
enough for me to just know what a recommended LTR cap value should be; I
want to know the method in which the value was arrived.

One point that appears to have been overlooked in my original post; Is
there a difference for the LTR cap value when used with a static gap vs. SRSG?

daniel

[]"Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

"Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

05/01/2004 01:16 PM
[]
[]
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
[]
cc
[]
[]
Subject
[]
Re: Determine initial LTR cap size. was Best cap size for a sync gap
[][]

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 4/30/04 10:01:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

 >I realize that the very nature of this thread suggests that the optimum LTR
 >value might be up in the air...
 >
 >Daniel

Daniel,

Very much so.  Use what works best for a given NST/rotary
combo.  Of course the suggested values will usually be close
to optimal.  Various NST brands/voltage/currents behave differently.
I've been saying that for many years although I don't post all
that much lately.  If the NST has been disassembled and de-potted,
it will behave differently also.  If it's over-volted it will behave
differently too.

I still have a selection of about 20 different NST's that I use for
my experiments.  That's after selling about 140 of them.
I have none for sale now.

John