Re: strange vttc

Original poster: "Steven Ward" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I think VTTCs have this magic instability in their operation that makes the
idea of fine tuning go out the window for a moment.  I once substituted a
3nf tank cap in for my 2nf cap, and i figured i would tune at several fewer
turns.  Well, when all was said and done, i ended up only 1 turn less than
before! even though my tank cap was 50% larger!  Whats the deal with
that???  I think also that the Q of the tank will play a large roll in how
things work out and how close you must get the tuning.  Some of my VTTCs
will tune to a very wide variety of tap points, others will not.  I think
part of it has to do with the feedback and its RC circuit getting in with
the mix of things.  At the moment i havent thought about it enough to
really give any good answers, just some thoughts i had...

Steve