Re: 4 pack MOT! wowsa!

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

Hello Eric, Coilers,

I'm using 3 MOCs in each leg of my four-pack MOT supply for testing
of the new 8 inch coil.  I've no idea what the current limiting is,
since I didn't have my CT and ammeter connected the last time I ran
it, but when connected to a Jacob's Ladder it produces some wicked
flaming arcs!  One thing to check on is that there's a resistor in
parallel with each cap to insure equal voltage drops across all of
the caps.  Most caps will have a built in ten megohm resistor, but
it's best to check.  I like capacitive ballasting on the secondary
as opposed to inductive on the primary simply because of size and
weight conciderations, plus by jumping out caps you can easily up
the current in steps.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Details of my "Hyperbaric Gap" and Tesla coil are at:
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle