RE: FBSSTC-NEED HELP

Original poster: "Tom Luttrell PWRCOM" <tom-at-pwrcom-dot-com.au>

Things to check if you have no voltage out of the 7812:

1) Is it connected the correctly? http://www.national-dot-com/ds/LM/LM340.pdf
2) The heatsink tab is connected to the middle pin (COM) for positive
regulators, make sure it is not shorting on either the input or output rails.
3) Is the input voltage at least 15V?
4) Add a 0.22µF cap across the i/p and  COM (7812s can oscillate and lock up)
5) Ensure  the max current drawn is less than 1A.

Tom L.